Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"New House"

You know how you buy a house and it's "perfect." Oh, if we move into this one, we won't have to do a thing. Five rooms painted, 30 bags of mulch, and a swingset later...

My latest gripe is the dishes. They don't come out of the dishwasher clean. At all. I could do a better job licking them clean. I've determined it's not the dishwasher's fault. It's not mine either. Unlike our old dishwasher where I'd throw them not rinsed and packed in and they'd come out sparkling - in this house I have to wash them before I put them in the dishwasher and after I take them out. Done with that.

Went and got a dish drainer and have been doing them by hand. If I'm not careful, I'll start banging the clothes against a rock in the nearest stream. Problem is, if I don't dry them by hand as well, the film is still there.

So now I'm both washing and drying the dishes by hand. Rough life, I know.

Our next project is a water softener. Goody. But if it saves me from this three times a day...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my - go by a dishwasher now. I have one that cleans dirty dishes and would die without it. Or, are you saying it is because of hard water? Surely there is a detergent for dishwashers and hard water.

MPPs Mom said...

Oh no! maybe 'wings of freedom's' dishwasher is available to swap with yours, lol?????!!!!!!!

Gretchen said...

It's the water - I have to hand dry the dishes or a nasty film develops. Jet Dry didn't even help in the dishwasher.

Boo Hoo.