Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Vacuum Tracks

So our house has been on the market since mid-December. We are closing on our new house Friday. This one needs to sell.

We decided to take it off the market and relist it at a new price. As I was signing the paperwork, the Realtor's phone rang. "They want to buy our house," I whispered as the agent turned off the ringer. The forms were filled out and she left.

Half an hour later, she called, "You know that call I got at your house? I scheduled a showing for 11:15." I didn't have much time to think about how creepy it was, because I had about 45 minutes to get the house ready.

Got the house ready, and went to pick up the boy from preschool. Did a stalker drive by at 11:30, but they were already gone.

Called the Realtor later in the afternoon for feedback. She told me, "He loves the house. He's talking to his broker tomorrow."

He wants to buy our house.

Realtor called back later, wondering if he could come see it again - today - at 1 pm. Prime nap time, but I figured he's really interested if he wants to see it again.

Kids had playgroup. One of the other moms watched them while I came home and put a little more effort into it. House looked pretty dang good, vacuum tracks and all.

Came home to someone else's footprints messing up my vacuum tracks. Like Sherlock Holmes, I followed his tracks, looking where he did, wondering what he saw.

He was looking at ours and two others, and is going to make a decision...

He wants to buy our house. Please.

4 comments:

Denise said...

That's great! I hope he does buy it.

Kind of creepy though...knowing that he could have rummaged through your underwear drawer. LOL

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!! I know it will happen.

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Everything is crossed for you!!

Keep me posted!!

Megan

Anonymous said...

What's the latest???