Monday, February 13, 2006

Nothing interesting to add

I really have nothing interesting to add right now. Things have been pretty hectic with the upcoming move, most of the chaos resigned to my brain. Freaking out about moving everything. I've gone through boxes and boxes. Found our wedding album. Found some other stuff that promptly ended up in the trash. I ended up getting a second wheeled trash bin to haul to the curb.

Another open house last weekend. It is a shitty market if you're trying to sell your house. Three weeks from tomorrow our belonging will be loaded up. I'm a little freaked out about starting over, it's been so long. Well technically we've been in the same city for nine years, but only the last year and a half I've been home. Amazing how fast you lose work 'friends' when you don't go there every day. Friends of convenience.

I wonder how many of my mommy friends are friends of convenience? I mean they talk a good game about staying in touch, but will there be any follow through? I did meet one other mom at a MOPS meeting, and she's moving to not only the same city, but the same elementary school district. And she has a three year old boy - like me. I have her phone number, she has my cell number, and we're going to stay in touch. But for every one else, will they go by the wayside?

I've never been very good at making friends. It takes a while for me to warm up to other people, and for other people to warm up to me. Or maybe it's all in my head...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's in your head, sweetie. I warmed up to you right away. One of the capstone moments in Baltimore was hanging out with you and Anne in our room and talking. That was what I came there for.

And if you want, one of my very best friends from college lives in Minneapolis with her two dd's and hubby. I think you would like her. No nonsense, funny as hell, heart of gold.

Teresa

Gretchen said...

T- You made my day...