Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The end is in sight

After five months of a husband gone Monday through Friday, the end is in sight.

We found a house and close on February 24. Nice four bedroom, four bath, finished basement with a three car garage. Office for DH on the main level, and I'll have a craft room in the basement! Mud room off the garage too, for the dumping of coats, shoes, bookbags etc.

The packers/movers have been arranged. They'll pack the 7th, move the 8th or 9th, and unpack on the 10th of March.

I've noticed the last two days have gone much faster. Having a deadline to work with helps me out. I've been working on the basement, going through boxes that haven't been opened since we moved here two years ago. Did find our wedding album...

Have an open house this weekend. Hopefully our house will sell soon, and we won't be saddled with two mortgages for very long.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news Gretchen!!! I'm happy to hear it!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's all coming together! Best of luck with the open house, and the upcoming move.

Any chance you are moving closer to me???? (lol).

Christina

Unknown said...

That is great news!

Gretchen said...

Thanks ladies!

Christina - not closer, but to a cheaper airport!

Julie Marsh said...

Wheeeee!!!! I know the craziness and excitement. It will be great.