Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I just about had to call my parents

That's one of the bad things about having Husband gone during the week... I was feeling so horrible last night (late - 11:30 pm), that I just about called my parents. They would have come in a heartbeat, I just felt guilty about it.

I'm not sure what is wrong with me - I had a little 'episode' last night. I've had them before, usually when I'm stressed or overly tired. It felt like I had a rubberband around me - right under my ribcage. It's usually pretty debilitating, as I can barely walk. Usually the only thing that will make it go away is sleep. Last night it lasted for about 30 minutes. I ended up taking a couple Tylenol, and falling asleep.

I know I should go to the doctor about this, I really do... By the next day when I'm feeling better, the urgency to get it figured out isn't as great. Also, there is no real frequency to them - I think it's been at least 6 months since the last episode, but usually they cluster. Husband will be home later tonight, so hopefully I'll be ok until then. If not, I'm trying to figure out my 'plan' if I need to go to urgent care.

Today all I want to do is lay down and sleep. I gated the kids in the kitchen/family room so I could at least lay on the couch, but I was jolted out of my daze by the Boy opening the door to the deck.

This is when it really sucks to be alone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

G - I would be there in a heartbeat if I could. I know your parents would be there for you, too. (((HUGS))) and many PV's to you.

Teresa

Unknown said...

G- hope things get better soon. HUGS.

Unknown said...

Have a drink a lay down!

Julie Marsh said...

G, that sounds pretty scary. I'm glad you are feeling better now, but I agree with you - please make an appointment.