Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I freaking told you.

Don't call me in a snit, wondering where your birth certificate is. I don't know. You're in Chicago. Your flight leaves at 5:05 - Today. You knew a month ago that you would be traveling outside the US. I even sent you this e-mail:

"Make certain that you can return to the United States with the proof of citizenship that you take with you. Although some countries may allow you to enter with only a birth certificate, U.S. law requires that you document both your U.S. citizenship and identity when you re-enter the United States. The best document to prove your U.S. citizenship is a valid U.S. passport. Other documents that establish U.S. citizenship include an expired U.S. passport, a certified copy of your birth certificate, a Certificate of Naturalization, a Certificate of Citizenship or a Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. citizen. To prove your identity, either a valid driver's license or a government identification card that includes a photo or physical description is acceptable."

From:
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/FlyingHigh/story?id=680167&page=1

So it looks like you need both a certified copy of your birth certificate and a driver's license."


Don't tell me how you'll have to "take your lumps" on this one. I told you. I told you. I told you.

Don't call me from Chicago, telling me you may not go. I told you. I told you. I TOLD YOU!

2 comments:

Julie Marsh said...

hee hee hee hee hee

It's really worth it to get a passport. And much easier to get one BEFORE you need it (as I have found out myself).

Anonymous said...

did he make it? where did he go?