Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The big 4 - 0 and 1,000

Hard to believe this is my 1,000 post.

When I started, I had a five year old that had just started Kindergarten, a three year old going to preschool two mornings a week and a just weaned 14 month old.

My how things have changed. Not just this blog in it's original incarnation: Throwing Bananas at Toddlers, Confessions of an Imperfect Parent, but me.

I now have a 4th grade 10 year old, 2nd grade 7 year old, and a 5 year old Kindergartner. We've moved twice. I've fixed countless meals, loads of laundry, scraped knees, and hurt feelings - not to mention all those moving boxes.
Along the way I've grown up a little as well. In finding my own voice, I'm better able to stand up for what I believe without worrying so much what other's think. I'm doing the best I can with the information I have at the time. I am and always will be my children's best advocate. I've finally found a good place within myself, and with that, have been able to shed the pounds that have been plaguing me for years.

...

Yesterday I stepped on the scale to find that I've now lost 40 pounds.

Forty.

220 to 179.

Ok... that's really 41.

...

My latest favorite for dinner is spaghetti squash. While I'm cooking spaghetti sauce and whole wheat pasta for everyone else, I'm microwaving spaghetti squash for me. Yum!

...

2 comments:

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Woo-hoo! You're doing great :)

Mama2Munchkin said...

Way to go on the weight loss, wow! You sound like you're in a really good place in your life, and I'm happy for you :)