Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am willing to admit it. I am a dork.

So my kids came home Saturday, having gone grocery shopping with their Dad.

My suggestion for Mother's Day was that I did not want to worry about a single meal for a day. Not that I don't like cooking, I do. It's just some days I grow weary of it.

The kids came home smirking. Two bottles of syrup, hot sauce, and cheese crackers - what had I signed up for? Oh, and a surprise that no one - not even my four year old - would give up.

Breakfast went off without a hitch - pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon - and was even served in bed. There was only one, small issue - a broken dish. One of my grandmothers. But that's a story for another day.

The surprise?

A movie ticket to Star Wars. I admit it. I was very excited. Does that make me a geek or a dork. Or both. Probably both.

The movie was really good. Really. I left wanting to cheer. So good that later this week when we're in Cowtown for one final house hunting trip, I am going to go again with my husband.

Dinner? Buca di Beppo. Apple Gorgonzola Salad. Baked Ravioli. Penne with Spicy Marinara and Sausage. Birthday Cake.

Yes. Birthday cake. Seven short years ago, my Boy was born on Mother's Day. Though his birthday is in two days, I think it's appropriate to have birthday cake on Mother's Day.

But that's a story for another day.

...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you had an awesome day, dispite the broken dish!

Hope this week is just as good . . . and now you've got me craving birthday cake!

-Danielle

Jenny said...

Glad you had a good day...did you see Star Trek? Just had to ask. Good luck with the house hunt.