Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Very Busy Day

First off, thanks for all the well wishes on my birthday. It (and the weekend before) was great. Though by no means a difficult birthday, it made me pause and think about where I want to go and what I want to do with my time left.

Today was spent pressing fabric and watching the inauguration on TV. I will say I misted up a bit when Ms. Franklin started singing.

My latest project is a memory quilt out of baby clothes. A like-minded mom has wanted this done for the last year or so, and finally got up the nerve to allow her kids' clothes cut up. I cut last night and spent the morning pressing and pressing and pressing. Fortunately, most of her clothes are not knits. For the few things that are, I'm using a iron-on adhesive backing to stabilize them.

Met a preschool mom for lunch with the kids and then stopped by Joann's. Hopefully will get more cutting done this afternoon.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

MPPs Mom said...

I keep thinking a quilt is a great way to remember the baby clothes. I can completely sympathize with waiting to be able to actually part with them. I cannot wait to see how yours turns out.

Nat said...

I think I missed the little guy's birthday... so happy birthday to him...

I'd love to see that quilt when it's done. :)

Tree said...

I totally want to do that (or have it done) with some of J's clothes. I adore some of the fabrics - particularly this one sundress in bright pink with flip flops all over it. I cannot bear to give it or donate it.

Karen said...

That is such a lovely idea - too late for me though as I got rid of most of my baby clothes and the ones I've kept I just couldn't take a pair of scissors to.

Mayberrys said...

I have a box of the kids' favorite clothes and plan to do the same thing - althought I would "have it made" rather than "make it"...

Bryan said...

Please take no offense... All these projects! I think you are a little nutty, but in a good way of course.

I was over Dad's the other day, monopolizing his computer as I always do (I bought the darned thing, so I feel no remorse)...

"Hey Dad, this is the girl who made me that quilt I showed you."

"Oh, she's hot."

So, I guess Dad likes pretty ladies with sexy red boots! lol