Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Very nearly done

I am woman, hear me roar.

After re-orienting the table and hutch, I am much more pleased with the layout.

I still need to sew and hang the curtains, and hang one more framed thing, but that really shouldn't take too long.



And I decided that I dislike the color of the light fixture.


So I'm going to paint it black. I started, and really like it. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it is nearly the same color as the wall - no 'pop' at all.

...

Now, all I have to do is figure out where I'm going to put all the crap I pulled out of there.

...

I struggle with 'warm and homey' verus 'messy and disorganized.' Our house should look like someone lives here, but I need some sense of order. Some. Not much. My latest and greatest plan? Take one measly hour a day and tackle one room. Work for one hour - clean out the laundry room, hit a couple cabinets in the kitchen, sort out the family room toys. Not big, massive projects - but just enough to keep chaos from tightening her grip. Set the timer and go.

One hour shouldn't interfere too much with my sewing/volunteering schedule.

Too much.

...

Happy Hump Day!

...

4 comments:

Bryan said...

No, the light didn't work the ohher color. Que the Stones: "I see a red door and I want to paint it black!!!"

How did you manage to cover all that red?!?

I'm beginning to think you're a bit looney. :-)

joansy said...

It looks great!

Mayberrys said...

It looks great!!! Must have taken several coats....

Karen said...

Lovely colour - very similar to what I've just painted my entrance lobby.