Monday, October 27, 2008

The Best Day Ever

While visiting my parents this summer, my son proclaimed that it was, "The Best Day Ever."

They went fishing, shot the bow, went for a jeep ride, and then he helped my mom cut up watermelon.

To hear him say that completely warmed my heart.

Sunday was pretty close to my idea of "The Best Day Ever."

Saturday we prepared for winter - got the deck furniture put away, the lawn mower put up, the snowblower brought down, and various other winterizing projects. And by 'we' I mean my husband. I finished sewing a Cheerleader costume for my four year old. Overall, my husband likes to spend his days off accomplishing and checking things off the list.

I did help get the lawnmower up and the snowblower down, though. That project involves two people, a ladder, a rope and pulley system, and the platform in the rafters of the roof. Fun times.

Sunday... Sunday was pretty dang good. It snowed for most of the day, but the ground was warm enough that it didn't stick.

I made French Toast around nine for breakfast and then started chili simmering on the stove for a late lunch. The kids and I colored. We played Dance, Dance revolution (that counts as a workout) and Guitar Hero Aerosmith Edition. Later in the afternoon I made honey cornbread muffins for the chili. We continued to lounge around the house, not getting dressed all day. I did six puzzles with my eight year old. We finished the day with delivery pizza. My husband got the paper off the driveway - that was the only time anyone left the confines of the four walls.

I love a good day of slackery.

...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good for you!!!

Bryan said...

"lawnmower up and the snowblower down" Next time, please send one of the less efficient ones into a corner where they can stand safely, take pictures and possibly call 911 if needed. I want to see that.

Guitar Hero Aerosmith? Umm. ummm. Will you be my Mommy?