Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just call me Ma Ingalls

Been a bit busy here...

Wednesday the kids and I made a trip to the first Farmer's Market of the year. The pickings were pretty slim due to the cool spring, but I did scare up some nice asparagus and new onions. A neighbor dropped off the fresh picked strawberries as well. Need to get some jam made this morning.



I really enjoy hanging clothes on the line. My goal is not to use the dryer until Labor Day, if not later. All those tank tops and black shorts? Training has started for the Twin Cities Marathon on October 5th.



My latest nearly done little girl dress. I ran out of binding, and need to sew it on the front. Rather than pinch the binding and hope to get both sides in one pass, I sew down the wrong side first then zig-zag on the right.



We're in the process of getting a new dishwasher. I say 'process' because there's something wrong with one of our lines and it needs to be replaced. Until that happens, I'm doing dishes by hand. No biggie except we don't have hot water in the kitchen, leaving me to heat water on the stove.

I realize I could walk up stairs, go in the bathroom, and get hot water there, but there's something oddly satisfying about heating it on the stove. And no, we're not using paper plates either.



I'd like to think I would have made a decent pioneer. Ha!

We're headed to my parents again this weekend. Last weekend was the big, blowout retirement bash for my mom. This weekend is the Indy car race in Newton. In other words, my husband and dad will play golf Saturday and go to the race Sunday. Leaving me to lay around my parents house. Sounds like a good time to me!

Have a great weekend, all. Make the most of it!



...

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

You're not going to butcher a pig and have your kids blow up the bladder and play with it like a balloon are you? (Oh! You could see if that amazing butcher shop would do it for you!!!!!!! hee!)