Thursday, May 22, 2008

I've been told she's going to like it

Last night, I decided to finish piecing the top.

Little did I know the seam ripper would become my new best friend.

I'm not telling you how many times I used my seam ripper, but it may need to be sharpened soon.
I've been asked how I get 'so much' done. Ha! If you only knew. Housekeeping is kept to a minimum, I keep meals nice and easy, and I do quite a bit after the kids are in bed. My youngest likes to sit by me and to 'homework' while I sew. "Mama, how do you spell alligator." "Mama, how do you make a 'g'." Hey, it works for us.

I'd like to say it's between 8 pm and midnight I get the most done, but usually if I'm cruising on a project it's more like 10 pm to 2 am.

Last night I crawled in at 1:45 am.

But woke up to this...

Now, off to find backing and binding...

...

9 comments:

Shanna said...

I think you did a great job! Setting on point isn't easy...but the end result is great! I just finished a quilt set on point, my first, so I know how you feel. Did you have each child sign each block? Very thoughtful keepsake!

Gretchen said...

Shanna- Thanks! It was a bit of work, but so worth it! I sent home the cream rectangles home and set Wednesday as the due date. I went in Wednesday, checked off the ones I had, and brought enough extra for the other kids to do one in the hall. The teacher knows we're up to something, but she doesn't know what!

Tree said...

It looks stunning. I cannot wait to hear what the teacher says!

Anonymous said...

What a kind, thoughtful gift.
She will sure appreciate the time
and thought you put into it.
TO BE SO CREATIVE ;)

YVONNE

Shanna said...

How creative! I will have to remember that for next year when my daughter is in kindergarten!

Amanda Jean said...

it's fantastic!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I think I may steal this idea for a quilt for my moms 50th birthday...premake the squares and have everyone sign/write a note on each one... Yours looks great!

MamaMaven said...

It looks awesome, I am sure the teacher will be speechless!

Unknown said...

way cool. And I know she will treasure it.