Tuesday, May 27, 2008

All's well, that ends well

It used to really bother me to take separate 'vacations' on Memorial Day Weekend... Now, not so much.

He gets to do fun stuff...


And so do I...



What? A box of fabric? Huh? Actually it's two WIPs from my mom's basement. They are quilts my sister started, and doesn't have the gumption to finish. Or maybe it's the 13 month old twins. Or the other bun in the oven. Who knows.

We started pulling boxes from the basement yesterday. My sister pulled up one with two half finished quilt tops. She pulled the pink one out, wondering when she'd ever get it done.

I volunteered. With a couple of ground rules... I will give them back no later than her birthday in October. Final say is mine in the finished product - final block placement, backing, binding, etc.

She happily agreed.

See, this is my favorite part of the project - the squares are done, and in putting them together they really start to look like something. My sister? She likes to make the squares.

A perfect arrangement.

Also, I dug through Mom's Box of Remnants, and came up with this...



A box and a pile of fabric. Whoot! Most of them would be considered vintage, as they're over 25 years old. All in very good shape, though. And they're not bitty scraps, either. Most are at least a yard.

The only thing holding me back from diving into the boxes are the two preschool teacher gifts I need done today for tomorrow...

Better get scooting!


...

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

More vintage fabric! Very cool for you. Can't wait to see what you come up with.