Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More fabric

What's a girl to do?

I mean really. Do I really 'need' all of this fabric? Of course I know the answer to that. But they each speak to me on a very different level. I usually buy fabric not knowing what to make with them. There's no one reason why I buy what I do... Sometimes it's the color, the pattern, or even just the name...

Paris Flea Market. This one reminds me of something my grandmother would have chosen for a spare bedroom. I'm not sure if I can bear to cut this for a quilt, or if I need to find something that keeps the pattern in tact. Delicious!

I found this yesterday...

We're having my daughter's 'friend' birthday party this Sunday. She wants to make a little purse for each of her four friends.

I was going to do a tutorial about just how easy-peasy a little purse is...

But it started taking too long, and my photography really leaves something to be desired!
Needless to say, she thinks the one I've done is perfect. That's all that really matters.


...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a tutorial on this. My 3 year old would LOVE one of these!!

Tree said...

Every fabric shown is absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait to see what you make with the top. I LOVE that fabric.

Worldframe Productions said...

A Kenmore hm? Hopefully I'll get to the bottom of this!

Chloe Alexandra
(Corazon del Fuego)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the fabric. It's a sickness, you know? I have boxes of fabric that spoke only to me -- I doubt someone else would want it if I were to get hit by a bus (Lord forbid). I keep it in very nice boxes and look at it everyonce in awhile (no time right now to sew).

I lost my mom in September, and we are going through her stuff. Wouldn't you know it, there are boxes of fabric that spoke only to her. Hopefully, it will speak to someone else at the Salvation Army store, because I don't know what else to do with it. There is no more room in my closets, even her fabric and I spoke the same language.

Unknown said...

Cuteness!

Gretchen said...

Anon - I took the pictures today, and will hopefully get them up early next week.

Tree- thanks! I have something in mind for the red. I do have a lot of it -3 yards!

Chloe- if I have a chance, I'll post a picture of it.

Midlife Mommy- my mom's going through her basement right now and uncovering tons (I'm barely exaggerating) of vintage fabric. I told her not to get rid of any of it until I can look through it.

Aimee- Thanks!

Northern Michigan Mom said...

I've been reading your blog daily for the past few months or so. I love all of your cute little projects.

I would also love a tutorial for the purse. It's funny because my daughter also has a bday coming up and we were planning on making little wallets for her friends. I'm still waiting for the pattern I ordered (I'm quite the beginner sewer) but just received the fabric from Fabric By The Yard off of etsy. I can't wait to make them but would love to make this little purse to go along with!!

Thanks for sharing all of your fun stuff (where do you purchase your material from?)