Monday, December 03, 2007

My latest obsession.

Oh boy.

I tried something for the first time this weekend. I've read quite a bit about it, and am utterly facinated by it.

Looks like a pretty spiffy red bag, right?

It's wool. I washed it in hot water. Twice.

This is straight out of the second wash...


It went from 13" x 10" with a 16" drop to 8" x 7" with a 11" drop.

After pinning it down to square off the edges and letting it dry, I ended up with a nice finished product:



It's all I can do today to not run out to the yarn store and buy out all the wool yarn.




...

11 comments:

Mommi Tutu said...

Very nice! Why is it cute when a handbag does that but not a sweater?!

Mitzi Green said...

yeah, what she said.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Really nice - I'm jealous. I have NEVER made anything. My neighbor tried to teach me to knit - it wasn't pretty....

:-)

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

Aimee Greeblemonkey said...

Totally cute!!!

Tree said...

Love the colors! Very nice. Great great idea!

Moral Victories said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moral Victories said...

That is impressive! I wish I had the time to do stuff like that.

Nat
http://fromnatsbrain.typepad.com

joansy said...

Very cute!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Isn't that the cutest little purse!!

I'm still working on a little blanket that I started for Matthew three years ago...in fact, Matthew started unraveling it today!

Karen said...

That's a lovely bag. You've inspired me to get back into the knitting. It's years since I did it but I'm starting to hunt out patterns for odd things now.

Gretchen said...

Thanks all, it was a lot of fun to make. It's for sale on etsy!