Monday, August 13, 2007

Product Review: KINeSYS

We've tried the traditional lotions - goopy and sometimes rather smelly; the spray lotions - a bit better but I never could get the hang of trying to spray a lotion; and the aerosol sunscreens - fast, easy, and expensive.

They each have their positives and negatives, so when asked to review the KINeSYS family of sunscreens, I was really excited.

My first sample was a one ounce "Funscreen" for kids. The once ounce size was perfect to throw in my purse, and the 30+ SPF with broad spectrum UVA/UVB properties would keep the kids from getting crispy.

The kids took to it immediately. For one thing, it only took a short time to cover three kids. Spray and go. No rubbing means to crabbing and fussing - from me or the kids. It dries quickly, and doesn't leave a greasy feel. They've taken out both the oil and the alcohol, allowing skin to breath normally.

A short time later, I received a 4 oz "Performance Sunscreen," a one ounce kid's cream, and a solid "Sunscreen Stick." Good thing too, because I was nearly out of the Funscreen.

The Performance Sunscreen is wonderful. It has the same skin saving properties as the kid's sunscreen, but with a pleasing mango scent. It's made to stand up to the demands of a performance athlete, but will also work for chasing your kids around the park. The four ounce size is nice - not too big, but it will last a long time. The kid's cream works great as well - if we have time I like to apply it first, then use the spray later after the kids have been in the water or it's been over two hours.

My absolute favorite has to be the Sunscreen Stick.

I don't know about your kids, but mine hate having it put on his or her face. Hate. It. With this I can just glide it on, especially on the hard to protect areas like noses, ears, and the top of the head part-line.

KINeSYS offers both full and travel sized products - in either SPF 30+ or 15. They've also bundled products to save you money, and offer free shipping on orders over $45.

As soon as mine runs out, I'll be ordering more.

Parent Bloggers Network

1 comment:

Tree said...

Freaking awesome! I love the idea of the sunscreen stick.