Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday

For the first time in four weeks, I'm home for the weekend. It's been very nice so far.

Managed my 7 mile run today. Three on the treadmill, then two one mile out and backs. I'm wanting to incorporate more outdoor running, but I still like the 'security' of the treadmill.

The kids played outside for hours. Hours.

They are grubby and tired. A little fussy too.

I promised myself we'd have some of the canned peaches this winter, but it's already spring and we haven't. They're nearly too pretty to open.

We were supposed to have the opening bonfire of the season tonight, but it's raining.

Maybe it is time to do something with those peaches...

2 comments:

TxGambit said...

For the canned peaches, check out our board for a recipe that was submitted by "rufus_the_doofus".

She said to sub the peaches in any recipe calling for bananas (banana bread/loaf).

It sounded good!

Tree said...

Great job on the run!

If you do not eat the peaches, you will have to buy more jars next year... so you better eat up. Make some cobbler.