Thursday, February 08, 2007

Slice and Dice

Talked to my mom last night. Apparently everything was ok on the EKG, and she'll be having surgery to repair her ACL today. Unfortunately, due to the severity of the injury, it won't be arthroscopic, instead they'll be opening up the knee and playing slice and dice with her tendons.

The realization that my parents are indeed human, and there for prone to injury and illness, hits me at odd times.

She'll be in overnight for observation, then home tomorrow. Her recovery will involve two weeks of immobilization then therapy.

Right now I'm thinking happy thoughts, and saying a little prayer, hoping this will all be ok.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sending good, healthy, positive thoughts from Denver. XOXOX.

By the way, my sister goes under the knife on Monday so you need to return the favor then.

Anonymous said...

Warm thoughts and prayers for your mom.

Unknown said...

My thoughts are with your mom today!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your mom's way. I hope she's feeling better soon!

g-man said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Positive Waves! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Gretchen said...

Thanks all!

Everything went as well as can be expected. She's looking at a long recovery - off work for about 6 weeks.