Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Case of the Monday's.

Sure it's Tuesday, I know.

Tuesday now means waterpark. It was there. It was cheap. It was fun.

Did my three miles on the treadmill. I was less than enthusiastic about it. I ended up walking the middle mile. Still managed to get it done in 39 minutes.

As far as the gym goes... I've decided the only thing I like less than guys with too much cologne and not enough deoderant are people that hop on the treadmill right next to me. There are 12 treadmills. Two are occupied. You just picked the one next to me. If they're over 50% full, I'm ok with it, but when there are so many open... why me? Maybe I'm just not getting enough personal space.

As far as personal space goes... Today at Target (after the waterpark and gym) the boy started asking for quiet time in his room. Huh? He was begging to go play by himself in his room. What? I admit, we'd had a very busy day. I like cramming as much in as I can. For me, the hard part isn't being away from home, it's trying to leave the house. Once we're gone, I'm good. We packed a snack for between the waterpark and gym, and ate lunch at the TacoBellPizzaHut in the store. We left the house at 9:30 and got home at 2:45. As soon as we got home, he bolted to his room with his coveted new Magnetix. I put the Toddler down for a nap, and only then did he come out. I guess we all need quiet time some times.

As far as quiet time... My husband's gone left yesterday and will be back tomorrow, sometime. Not sure when. I haven't had a lot of quiet time. I think yesterday I had from 9 pm to 10:15 pm. I'm lazy in that if the kids want to come to bed with me, I'm ok with that. I just like them to start in their own bed. They're only young and snuggly once.

Speaking of young and snuggly... My sister's made it to 30 weeks with her twins. Mom and I are putting together a baby shower for her. I found this swing as her shower gift. It's a little pricey, but it goes not only forward/back but it can also go side to side. We had one like it when our youngest was born and it was indispensable.

Speaking of indispensable... I also picked up some nursing pads for her. Because that's something you need, but may not think to buy until you've got milk running down the front of your shirt...

5 comments:

MamaMaven said...

I am totally with you on the treadmills or ellipticals, IMHO its kind of like the stalls in the bathroom--there is some unwritten rule that if you don't have to be next to someone you shouldn't be.

Tanaya said...

Nursing pads and those Tucks pads can be handy too. Good luck with shower!

Mitzi Green said...

you know, bob will often go play in his room--alone--without being told to do so and without asking us to join him. i always thought it was an "only kid" thing. maybe not.

and that's the kind of swing i had for bob. he slept in it for the first 2 months of his life. hated his crib, but he loved that swing...

Anonymous said...

We just bought the rainforest version of that swing for our second child who is due in May. It was $20 less and plugs in to the wall outlet (thus saving even more money in the long run). But I have heard great things about the Papasan swing.

g-man said...

..." No I do believe you'd get you ass kicked for saying something like that" -Lawrence Office Space