Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So I had this deep thought...

Tonight I was going to write up a post about marriage. Husband's away on business until Friday, and my brain starts spinning as soon as he leaves.

I had it all thought out... how our relationship has changed in the last twelve years, can you get too comfortable, what keeps it from falling all apart. How our ten year anniversary is coming up, and what that means to me. About how we've made it work, for the most part.

I've been thinking about this most of the day. Off and on. I can't quite get it out of my head.

Instead, I have a four year old rummaging through the kitchen. He fell asleep in the couch today. He was very tired then; he's not tired now.

I think we'll go snuggle in bed. Tell each other stories. I let my 'deep thoughts' fade away as I discuss more important topics - like what's for breakfast and should we go to the beach tomorrow?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snuggling tops writing any old day of the week.

MPPs Mom said...

i'm anxious to read your deep thought. Our anniv was in june and I wrote him this long letter telling him how I felt and what it all meant to me and it's been more of the ups and downs since then. The "can it get too comfortable" rang true, and I'm interested to know how you keep it from falling apart.

Builder Mama said...

Funny how many of us PIM's are celebrating the 10-year mark this year (myself included). Not sure if it's the length of time or what, but Year Nine has pretty much been a real test of "what is this all about anyway?" in my world.

I think it can become too comfortable. But as I've discovered recently with the family stresses of my dad's illness, sometimes comfortable can be a good thing too. I know he's going to let me do my thing to make sure Dad's better for as long as it takes and then welcome me home with open arms.

Does he make me crazy sometimes? Yes. But I make him crazy too.

Hope you post your thoughts sometime, especially since I think you're my twin separated at birth (albeit the taller, blonder, gorgeous one)...