Thursday, August 10, 2006

River Falls

I'm not a big football fan. Before kids, my favorite activity was using it to induce a nap. A nice, long, three hour nap. Now, I'll watch it if it's on, but that's about it.

Last weekend, Husband's friend S came up for the express purpose of seeing the Chiefs/Vikings scrimmage at Mankato and going to River Falls, WI on Saturday for Chief's Camp.

Sounds like a barrell of laughs, right?

My parents ended up here as well, leaving me free to go with. If I wanted. I wanted, if only to do something different.

All in all, it was pretty boring, but the beer was cheap. They ran drills and scrimmaged a little.

The thing that struck me, though, was how freaking big those guys are.

I've never been that close to an NFL player.

Like an ad that says "20% more!" these guys are huge. Huge hands, huge necks, huge feet...

My husband is about 6' 6", maybe 190. His head sticks out above most of the crowd. He looked over to one of the players and asked his friend, "Who's that?" Before S could reply, I piped up, "You plus 100 pounds."

No comments: