Friday, August 18, 2006

Flurry of activity

Better known as "Stay out of my way while I pack."

Leaving at 4:30 for the airport. Have one friend watching the kids and another taking me to the airport. My parents should arrive around 7 pm for a weekend of kid duty. I arrive at Atlanta at 10:20 tonight.

I am a bit nervous about flying... I always am, but the recent events make me more so.

Yesterday, I gave my husband my toiletry bag so I can still carry-on. No liquids, just clothes and shoes.

There were visions in my head of someone opening my husband's bag and wondering why he had makeup. I thought it would have been funny to pack some lacy undergarments in his bag with a note attached, "Can't wait to see you in this tomorrow..." I thought better of it.

Today I'm racing around getting the house ready. Laundry, clean sheets on the bed, food... The basics.

I'm ready to have a good time.

1 comment:

MPPs Mom said...

I hope you had a fabulous time. can't wait to hear all about it!!!