Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Well, at least I have a nice scab

Have you ever hurt yourself but there's really nothing to show for it? You know, you pull a muscle or something and no one believes you that it could hurt as bad as it does because they can't see it? Not me this time. My knee finally dried out and I have a really nice scab. On the down side, I think I'm out of the 5k on Saturday.

My knee not only still hurts but is now is swollen. I just went for a short bike ride last night to work out the kinks (and for an Icee at the local convenience store) and woke up with a scabby and now swollen knee. Stairs, and anything on the floor are my enemy.

Ah well. I can always do another 5k later.

I do think I'll take the kids and surprise my parents tonight. My husband is out of town until Thursday night, and three more full days with the kids by myself... eeks. That's a dilemma - three days alone with my kids or a three hour car ride to my parents. I'll take the car ride for $300, Alex...

For now... I'll leave this (With my ever present two year old, it's harder than it looks to take a picture of your own knee. The road rash goes halfway down my leg. I donked up the other knee in a separate incident. I wonder some days if I should even be allowed out.):

2 comments:

Dan said...

I think Santa should bring you knee pads. And padded pants. With their own knee pads. Lined with cotton wool.

You can't be too careful ;)

Hope it gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

It's a good idea to surprise your parents.

Yet, I have some tips for you in my blog. I link you up there. Hope you like it.