Thursday, June 29, 2006

What to do today?

Hmmm... What to do today? I know you're all at the edge of your seat wondering what a thirty-something mom of three does all day. Ha!

Laundry - most likely three or four loads. And that's only because I did three yesterday.
Cleaning - bathrooms - kids and master, touch up basement and 1/2 bath.
Floors - one word - sticky. Freeze pops and popsicles are in the house!
Windows - sure, one little handprint is cute, but a border of them and something has to be done.
Refrigerator - today is trash day. Time to clean out the out-dates and wipe it down inside and out.
Dust - dust is everywhere! I suppose this is what happens when you keep your house open all day because of the nice weather.
Mow - the lawn needs mowing before we head out of town.

The kids will help, sure, but somedays I'd rather just do it than be barking orders - "Keep the water in the toilet," or watch them get halfway done and quit "I don't want to do this anymore." Yea, well I don't want to either, but at some point it has to be done.

I'm not quite sure where I am on the scale today. I mean I want then to learn responsibility and the 'correct' way to clean a bathroom and all that, but I'm just not sure if I'm up for it today. And, right now I'm at the place where the kids want to help.

Update:
The last load of laundry is in the dryer. The lawn is mowed. The fridge is cleaned out. The windows are done. We even fit a quick trip in to the closest park. Rather than work on the rest of the list during Baby's nap time, I showed the other two the "correct" way to roll peanut butter cookies in sugar.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I find with Tam - 15 months old - if I give her a sponge and a SMALL bowl of water, she pours it on the floor and sits there scrubbing for ages. Maybe you should try it - find the grubbiest patch and set them to it ;)

Gretchen said...

Been there, done that. I agree, that if they think they're helping, it goes a long way!

Denise said...

And some people think us SAHMs do nothing all day but eat bon-bons and watch soaps. HA!