Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Jam

One of the highlights of the weekend - a neighbor asked if the kids and I wanted to go strawberry picking. We went, and spent the better part of an hour picking. And picking. And picking. Brought home a bunch of yummy little strawberries.

Sunday afternoon I made a strawberry pie and 15 half-pints of jam. I've given about 8 of them away. I tried three different recipes, all of which turned out very well. More strawberries in the fridge that I need to do something with. More jam, most likely. And probably strawberry shortcake tonight.

2 comments:

Tree said...

OMGoodness, G, you are my heroine!!!

I swear to you it was yesterday that I had visions of making pickles, canning peaches, and making jellies and jams. It was something I did with my mom when I was little and I have fond memories of it.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, my parents live across the street from a u-pick strawberry farm. There is nothing better than fresh strawberries unless it is the jam! I have great memories of making jam with my Mom and Grandma.