Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Odds and ends

Rather than a well thought out post, I thought I'd list my odds and ends...

The kids and I had a planned excursion today. We decided the older two would ride their bikes and I'd push the stroller with the baby and a picnic lunch. The park is 2.5 miles one way. It is hilly. The boy doesn't quite have the legs I thought he did. We made it, though, and the kids had a great time. I did spend quite a bit of the uphill pushing both the boy and the stroller. Guess that counts for my arm workout.

I found the elusive SPF 8. I know, I know... I douse the kids liberally with either 35 or 50. Last year I used SPF 4, so I guess I'm doing "better".

We had a great weekend. Even though my afternoon-half-day-Kindergartener didn't have school Thursday (early out) or Friday, we stayed home. Home glorious home. Friday the dads played outside with the kids while the moms stuffed Easter eggs for a neighborhood egg hunt on Saturday. It was so much fun! One of the women brought a bottle of margaritas- they were gone by the end of the night. Friday night there was a bonfire, beer, and the local police telling us to 'go home' at 12:30. Apparently the neighborhood crotch complained. Luckily one of the attendees is, in fact, a police officer. No tickets were issued, but I think it's been 13 years since I've been to a party where the police break it up. Saturday, the ladies met up and hid the eggs. It was all very well coordinated - every kid drew a color, and that was the color they were to look for - up to 10 eggs. The kids did a fabulous job, finding their eggs, then helping the younger ones. After the egg hunt, pizza was ordered and we sat around the cul-de-sac eating pizza and flying kites someone had purchased.

The kids colored eggs on Sunday - they turned out great. I tried something I read (I think) in Family Fun - put the eggs in a colander, splash with vinegar, then drop a few drops of food coloring on them. Swirl around, and voila - "tye-dyed" eggs!


Finally, the settings are messed up on my computer. Everything is SO BIG! VERY BIG! More than View, Text Size big. So I'm off to figure out what my husband did to the computer last night.

2 comments:

MPPs Mom said...

It sounds like you guys found a perfect neighborhood to move into. What fun!!!!!
We tye dyed eggs too!

Tree said...

What a fabulous weekend and your neighborhood sounds lovely, G.

Teresa