Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A million times?

It's not often I hop out of bed at 8, throw on my robe, grab my bon-bons and Haagen-Das and am offended.

Earlier this morning I read this on another board I frequent:

I just want to say that being a sahm is a million times easier than being a working mom.

Wow. A million times?

I've been both. From where I'm standing, it's not. Does it have its advantages? Sure, but so does working. I won't go into the gory depths of it all; it's been covered at least a million times.

It just bugs me. It's statements like that that fuel the WM and SAHM debate. Statements like that that put people on the defensive, trying to prove themselves. Statements like that that cut to the core of what I'm trying to do here.

2 comments:

Builder Mama said...

Amen, sister.

Anonymous said...

A MILLION TIMES EASIER? What the heck where they smoking?