Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's not rocket science

Freaking bunco. Dumbest game ever. But it got me out of the house for a couple hours while my parents watched the kids. After two days of sick kids, I had to get out of the house, if only for a little bit. I had to get away from the smell.

If you have kids, you know what I'm talking about. The upset tummy baby poop smell. The smell that even after throwing every stinky diaper individually wrapped in the trash in it's own Target sack in the garage... After washing the jammies and sheet and clothes... After Febreezing the air... The smell that sticks. Maybe it's really not that bad, but it gets caught in your nose, and you find yourself sniffing around, checking to see if a diaper leaked somewhere, only to realize that there's a little bit of poo on your sleeve from the last screaming, kicking, I-don't-wanna-lay-down diaper change. There goes another load of laundry... Four today, but who's counting?

Love my parents - they don't care if we're sick, they'll visit anyway. Left my children in capable hands. They raised me after all. Had a drink, some food, and conversation... Managed not to have a coughing fit or explosive crap in the bathroom. Go me. Maybe, just maybe, I'm on the mend. Figures. Husband will be home Friday. He missed all the fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Managed not to have a coughing fit or explosive crap in the bathroom. Go me."

LMAO!!!