Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ten Minutes

Ten minutes. That's all it took to mess up my night last night.

Around 4:45 pm, Baby Girl was needing a little nap. She wasn't acting like herself. So I sat down to rock her for a minute or two, thinking either she'd fall asleep, or get enough down time to make it through the rest of the night. At 5 pm, I woke with a start, sleeping baby in my arms. I laid her in her bed and went downstairs to check on the other two. They were fine, as the TV was on.

That ten minute nap completely threw me off. I didn't get to sleep until sometime after 1 am. I'm paying for it today, as it is crappy and overcast - the perfect kind of day to crawl in bed and ignore the world outside. Wish I could though, besides the two other ones that will require care today, we're having an open house for lookers and gawkers on Sunday. Plenty of stuff to do to get ready for that.

First though, I'll get breakfast - maybe that will perk me up.

No comments: