Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's not a winter coat, but...

Made this for the little girl mentioned in yesterday's post.

I hope she likes it. It looked really cute on my son (he's a 4T and I needed to make sure it would fit over her head - if it will fit over his head, it should be ok).

Found 4 pair of shoes - two sized 10, and two sized 11. Also a pair of slippers.

Found quite a few things that should work for her. Just need to get them boxed up so my friend can pick them up this afternoon.

My friend down the street added a few things as well - clothes, a notepad, coloring book and crayons. Put the paper and crayons in my daughter's old back pack along with scissors, tape, glue sticks and construction paper.

Went to Target today and found t-shirts, socks and underwear for the dad. I included the gift receipt if it isn't the right size. Strange picking out underwear for another man. Somehow I think my husband will understand. I did find two pair of pants in my husband's donate pile that might fit him. Also picked up toothbrushes, some hair bands, new jammies for the girl, and fruit snacks.

Feeling better about this today. I had a really hard time getting to sleep last night. Images of my husband and daughter sleeping at rest stops haunted me.

No comments: