Monday, October 17, 2005

"I don't give a shit"

Yes, that's what I just told my kids.

The house was mostly quiet (except for Lazy Town) and I thought I might have a minute or two to check e-mail. No more than thirty seconds go by and I hear it. The after school squabbling has started. They only have to make it to 4:15 when we go to the gym. Not today.

"I was here first"
"AAAAA!!!!"
"Moooommmm! I was here first"
More screaming.

They were fighting over who sits on one certain end of the couch. Best TV viewing I suppose. Rather than the peaceful few minutes alone, I stop in there 0nly to be assulted with "I was here" by both of them.

Told them I didn't give a shit and sent them to their rooms. I realize that it can be important, where you sit on the couch. I realize that the boy has no right to push his way into the spot. I just don't want to hear it today.

Fourteen minutes until we leave for the Y.

1 comment:

Julie Marsh said...

G, you are so right. Like Bill Cosby said, parents are not interested in justice. They want quiet.