Saturday, October 15, 2005

Economics

Went to dinner with the family tonight - our favorite Mexican place. Though the don't know our name like "Cheers" the service is friendly, the food is good, and the kids love the chips.

As we were driving there, I mentioned I may need a Margarita. It had been a long week - my husband left Sunday afternoon and I picked him up at the airport Friday night at 11pm. My Mother-in-Law had visited. I signed up for a 5k with my Dad on Sunday.

Noticed on the specials board they had a pitcher of Margaritas for $9.99. Mentioned it to my husband. Looked on the menu - regularly $4.25 for a 16 oz. So really, it was much more economical for us to buy the pitcher even if we didn't drink it all.

Though that goes against my grain - it kills me every week when I clean out the fridge and throw out food - discarding alcohol is worse.

Had our dinner and put a rather large dent in the pitcher. They were really good. Really. Had some left, planning to just leave it, knowing we still got a great deal. Kids did really well with their meals - even finished all their drink - in a styrofoam cup with lid and straw.

The remains of the pitcher are on my counter. I don't know how much more I can take. After all, tomorrow I'm running a 5k with my dad at 9:00 am.

Until then, though, I'm in Margaritaville...

No comments: